Cable Middle Fly
This exercise involves using a cable machine to perform a fly motion in the middle of the body, targeting the chest muscles. The movement involves bringing the arms together in front of the body, then slowly returning them to the starting position.
Cable Middle Fly Instructions
- Adjust the cable pulleys to the middle position.
- Stand in the center of the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the handles with your palms facing down and your arms extended out to the sides at shoulder height.
- Engage your core and keep your chest up as you bring your hands together in front of your body, squeezing your chest muscles.
- Slowly release back to the starting position, keeping your arms extended and your chest lifted.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Middle Fly Form & Visual
Cable Middle Fly Benefits
- Targets the middle portion of the chest muscles
- Helps to improve overall chest definition and shape
- Engages the stabilizer muscles in the shoulders and upper back
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional chest exercises
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
Cable Middle Fly Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)