Lunge Push Up
This exercise involves performing a lunge followed by a push up. The lunge works the lower body while the push up targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps. It is a challenging full-body exercise that can improve strength and endurance.
Lunge Push Up Instructions
- Start in a push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your right foot forward and place it next to your right hand.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body into a lunge position.
- Push off your right foot and return to the starting push-up position.
- Perform a push-up.
- Repeat the lunge with your left foot and perform another push-up.
- Continue alternating between lunges and push-ups for the desired number of repetitions.
Lunge Push Up Form & Visual
Lunge Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves core stability and balance
- Targets the chest, triceps, and shoulders for upper body strength
- Increases cardiovascular endurance and calorie burn
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Lunge Push Up Muscles Worked
Lunge Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Lunge Push up
- Side Lunge Push up
- Curtsy Lunge Push up
- Spiderman Lunge Push up
- Jump Lunge Push up