Lever Donkey Calf Raise
This exercise involves using a lever machine to perform calf raises while standing on a donkey calf raise platform. The lever machine provides resistance while the donkey calf raise platform allows for a greater range of motion in the calf muscles.
Lever Donkey Calf Raise Instructions
- Stand on a raised platform or step with the balls of your feet on the edge and your heels hanging off.
- Hold onto a sturdy object for balance, such as a railing or wall.
- Place a weight plate or dumbbell on top of your thighs, just above your knees.
- Slowly lower your heels towards the ground, keeping your knees straight.
- Pause at the bottom of the movement, then raise your heels as high as possible.
- Hold the contraction at the top for a few seconds, then lower back down.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Lever Donkey Calf Raise Form & Visual
Lever Donkey Calf Raise Benefits
- Targets the calf muscles, specifically the gastrocnemius and soleus
- Helps to improve ankle stability and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or at the gym
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional calf raises
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight or the position of the feet on the lever
Lever Donkey Calf Raise Muscles Worked
Lever Donkey Calf Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Donkey Calf Raise
- Seated Donkey Calf Raise
- Single Leg Donkey Calf Raise
- Donkey Calf Raise on Leg Press Machine
- Donkey Calf Raise with Dumbbells