Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension
This exercise involves sitting on a bench with a dumbbell in both hands and extending the arms overhead to work the triceps muscles. The movement involves bending and straightening the elbows while keeping the upper arms stationary. It is a great exercise for building strength and definition in the back of the arms.
Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your back straight and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands and raise it above your head, keeping your elbows close to your ears.
- Lower the dumbbell behind your head by bending your elbows, making sure to keep your upper arms stationary.
- Pause for a moment, then raise the dumbbell back up to the starting position by straightening your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension Form & Visual
Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen them
- Improves overall arm strength and definition
- Can be done with a variety of weights, making it accessible for people of different fitness levels
- Can be done seated, which can be more comfortable for people with back or balance issues
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and strength
Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Seated Triceps Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
- Cable Seated Triceps Extension
- Close-Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Triceps Kickbacks