Cable Lying Triceps Extension
This exercise involves lying on a bench and using a cable machine to perform triceps extensions. The cable is attached to a handle that is held with both hands, and the arms are extended overhead before being lowered behind the head. This exercise targets the triceps muscles and can be adjusted for different levels of resistance.
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench or mat with your feet planted firmly on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell or cable attachment with both hands and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the weight behind your head, keeping your elbows close to your ears and your upper arms stationary.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then use your triceps to lift the weight back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Form & Visual
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and size in the back of the arms
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional triceps exercises, such as skull crushers or triceps dips
- Engages the core muscles, helping to improve overall stability and balance
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight or cable height to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
- Can be performed with a variety of equipment, including cables, resistance bands, or dumbbells
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Cable Lying Triceps Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Cable Lying Triceps Extension
- Reverse Grip Cable Lying Triceps Extension
- Close Grip Cable Lying Triceps Extension
- Wide Grip Cable Lying Triceps Extension
- Standing Cable Triceps Extension