EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension
This exercise involves lying on a bench and using an EZ barbell to perform triceps extensions. The barbell is lowered behind the head and then lifted back up to the starting position. This exercise targets the triceps muscles in the arms.
EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground and your head at the end of the bench.
- Grasp the EZ barbell with an overhand grip, with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling, holding the barbell directly above your chest.
- Slowly lower the barbell towards your forehead, keeping your elbows stationary and close to your head.
- Pause for a moment when the barbell is just above your forehead, then slowly raise it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension Form & Visual
EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps, chest, and shoulders
- Improves upper body strength and power
- Can help improve bench press performance
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to improve overall muscle definition and tone in the upper body
EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
EZ Barbell Lying Triceps Extension Variations & Alternatives
- EZ barbell skull crushers
- Lying dumbbell triceps extensions
- Cable triceps pushdowns
- Close-grip bench press
- Overhead triceps extensions