Barbell Standing Military Press
This exercise involves standing with a barbell held at shoulder height and pressing it overhead, engaging the shoulders, triceps, and core muscles. It is a compound exercise that can help improve upper body strength and stability.
Barbell Standing Military Press Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the barbell up to your shoulders, keeping your elbows pointed forward.
- Press the barbell up above your head, extending your arms fully.
- Lower the barbell back down to your shoulders, keeping your elbows pointed forward.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Standing Military Press Form & Visual
Barbell Standing Military Press Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including shoulders, triceps, and upper back
- Improves upper body strength and power
- Increases shoulder stability and mobility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps improve posture and overall body alignment
Barbell Standing Military Press Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Rotator cuff muscles
Barbell Standing Military Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Standing Military Press
- Seated Military Press
- Push Press
- Arnold Press
- Single Arm Dumbbell Press