Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press
This exercise involves standing with dumbbells in hand and performing an Arnold press, which involves rotating the palms of the hands as the weights are lifted overhead. It primarily targets the shoulders and can also engage the triceps and upper back muscles.
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms facing your body.
- Engage your core and press the dumbbells overhead, rotating your palms to face forward as you do so.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to shoulder height, rotating your palms back to face your body.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press Benefits
- Strengthens the shoulder muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases shoulder mobility
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries
- Targets the deltoids and trapezius muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press Muscles Worked
- Rotator cuff muscles
Dumbbell Standing Arnold Press Variations & Alternatives
- dumbbell seated arnold press
- dumbbell standing shoulder press
- dumbbell push press
- dumbbell single-arm shoulder press
- barbell standing arnold press
- barbell seated shoulder press
- barbell push press
- barbell single-arm shoulder press