Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your thighs.
- Slowly raise the dumbbells to shoulder height, keeping your palms facing forward and your elbows bent.
- Press the dumbbells upward until your arms are fully extended above your head.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to shoulder height.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Remember to keep your core engaged and your back straight throughout the exercise.
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press Benefits
- Targets the shoulder muscles, specifically the anterior and medial deltoids
- Improves shoulder strength and stability
- Can help improve posture and reduce risk of shoulder injuries
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and strength
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional shoulder presses
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the dumbbells
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press Muscles Worked
- Rotator Cuff