Handstand Push Up
The handstand push up is an exercise that involves pushing your body up from a handstand position, using your arms and shoulders to lift your body weight. This exercise is great for building upper body strength and improving balance and stability.
Handstand Push Up Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet against a wall.
- Walk your feet up the wall until your body is in an inverted V position.
- Bend your elbows and lower your head towards the ground, keeping your body in a straight line.
- Push back up to the starting position, keeping your core engaged and your elbows close to your body.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Handstand Push Up Form & Visual
Handstand Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the shoulders, triceps, and upper back muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases body awareness and control
- Challenges the core muscles for stabilization
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Provides a unique and challenging variation to traditional push ups
Handstand Push Up Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major
- Latissimus Dorsi