Pike Push Up
Pike Push Up Instructions
- Start in a downward dog position with your hands and feet on the ground, forming an inverted V-shape with your body.
- Walk your feet closer to your hands, keeping your legs straight, until your hips are directly above your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows and lower your head towards the ground, keeping your legs straight and your heels on the ground.
- Push back up to the starting position, keeping your legs straight and your hips above your shoulders.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Pike Push Up Form & Visual
Pike Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the shoulders, triceps, and core muscles
- Improves shoulder mobility and stability
- Increases upper body strength and endurance
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Variations can be added to increase difficulty and target specific muscle groups
Pike Push Up Muscles Worked
- Shoulders (deltoids)
- Chest (pectoralis major)
- Upper back (trapezius and rhomboids)
- Core (abdominals and lower back)
Pike Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Decline Pike Push up
- Feet Elevated Pike Push up
- Single Leg Pike Push up
- Spiderman Pike Push up
- Side-to-Side Pike Push up