Plank Lateral Raise
Plank Lateral Raise Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand and keep your left hand on the ground.
- Engage your core and lift your right arm out to the side, keeping it straight and parallel to the ground.
- Lower your right arm back down to the ground and repeat for 10-12 reps.
- Switch the dumbbell to your left hand and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Plank Lateral Raise Form & Visual
Plank Lateral Raise Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Targets the shoulders and upper back muscles
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases overall body stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Plank Lateral Raise Muscles Worked
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals, obliques)
- Back muscles (trapezius, rhomboids)
Plank Lateral Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Plank with Arm Raise
- Plank with Leg Raise
- Plank with Arm and Leg Raise
- Plank with Shoulder Tap
- Plank with Knee to Elbow