Plank Arm Lifts
This exercise involves starting in a plank position and lifting one arm off the ground, holding it for a few seconds before lowering it back down and repeating with the other arm. It helps to strengthen the core and upper body muscles.
Plank Arm Lifts Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your forearms on the ground and your body in a straight line from head to heels.
- Engage your core and lift your right arm off the ground, extending it straight out in front of you.
- Hold for a few seconds, then lower your right arm back down to the ground.
- Repeat with your left arm, lifting it off the ground and holding for a few seconds before lowering it back down.
- Continue alternating arms for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Plank Arm Lifts Form & Visual
Plank Arm Lifts Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves posture and balance
- Tones the arms and shoulders
- Increases overall body stability
- Helps prevent lower back pain
Plank Arm Lifts Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Erector spinae
- Shoulder stabilizers
Plank Arm Lifts Variations & Alternatives
- Plank with leg lifts
- Side plank with arm lift
- Plank with alternating arm and leg lifts
- Plank with shoulder taps
- Plank with hip dips