Dumbbell Lateral Raise
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and lifting them out to the sides of the body until they reach shoulder height. It primarily targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders and can help improve shoulder strength and stability.
Dumbbell Lateral Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your body.
- Keep your arms straight and lift the dumbbells out to the sides until they reach shoulder height.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to your sides.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Lateral Raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Lateral Raise Benefits
- Targets the lateral deltoid muscle, which helps to widen the shoulders and create a more defined look
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Can help to prevent shoulder injuries by strengthening the muscles around the joint
- Can be done with light weights and high reps for a toning effect, or with heavier weights and lower reps for muscle building
- Can be easily modified by changing the angle of the arms or the position of the dumbbells
Dumbbell Lateral Raise Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Supraspinatus (upper back)