Standing Behind Neck Press
Standing Behind Neck Press Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a barbell with an overhand grip behind your neck, resting it on your shoulders.
- Engage your core and keep your back straight as you press the barbell up and overhead, extending your arms fully.
- Lower the barbell back down to your shoulders, keeping your elbows pointed out to the sides.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Standing Behind Neck Press Form & Visual
Standing Behind Neck Press Benefits
- Targets the shoulders, triceps, and upper back muscles
- Improves shoulder mobility and flexibility
- Helps to build upper body strength and muscle mass
- Can be performed with a barbell or dumbbells for variation
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- May improve posture and reduce the risk of shoulder injuries
Standing Behind Neck Press Muscles Worked
- Levator Scapulae
Standing Behind Neck Press Variations & Alternatives
- Seated Behind Neck Press
- Standing Military Press
- Seated Military Press
- Arnold Press
- Push Press
- Jerk Press