Dumbbell Iron Cross
This exercise involves lying on your back and holding a dumbbell in each hand, then extending your arms out to the sides to form a cross shape. You then bring the dumbbells back together over your chest, keeping your arms straight throughout the movement. This exercise primarily targets the chest muscles.
Dumbbell Iron Cross Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Extend your arms out to the sides, parallel to the ground, with your palms facing down.
- Slowly bring the dumbbells together in front of your chest, crossing them over each other.
- Pause for a moment, then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Iron Cross Form & Visual
Dumbbell Iron Cross Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the pectoralis major and minor
- Helps to improve upper body strength and endurance
- Engages the stabilizer muscles in the shoulders and arms
- Can be modified to target different areas of the chest by adjusting the angle of the arms
- Can be performed with a variety of weights to increase or decrease the intensity of the exercise
- Can be done at home or in the gym with minimal equipment
Dumbbell Iron Cross Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major
- Anterior Deltoids
- Triceps Brachii