Strongman Crucifix Hold
This exercise involves holding two heavy weights, such as dumbbells or kettlebells, out to the sides with straight arms for as long as possible. It primarily targets the shoulders, upper back, and core muscles. It is often used in Strongman competitions as a test of strength and endurance.
Strongman Crucifix Hold Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a weight plate in each hand.
- Extend your arms out to the sides, parallel to the ground, with your palms facing down.
- Hold this position for as long as possible, aiming for at least 30 seconds.
- Focus on keeping your shoulders down and back, and engaging your core muscles.
- Gradually increase the weight of the plates as you become stronger.
- Repeat for several sets, with rest periods in between.
Strongman Crucifix Hold Form & Visual
Strongman Crucifix Hold Benefits
- Improves grip strength
- Increases shoulder stability and endurance
- Engages multiple muscle groups including shoulders, upper back, and core
- Can be used as a functional exercise for everyday activities that require carrying heavy objects
- Challenges mental toughness and resilience
Strongman Crucifix Hold Muscles Worked
Strongman Crucifix Hold Variations & Alternatives
- Single-arm Crucifix Hold
- Crucifix Hold with Dumbbells
- Crucifix Hold with Kettlebells
- Crucifix Hold with Plates
- Crucifix Hold with Sandbags