Barbell Pause Bench Press
Barbell Pause Bench Press Instructions
- Set up a barbell on a bench press station, with the appropriate weight for your fitness level.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet flat on the ground and your back pressed firmly against the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lower the barbell slowly towards your chest, pausing for a few seconds when the barbell is about an inch above your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position, exhaling as you lift the weight.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
- When finished, carefully rack the barbell and sit up slowly.
Barbell Pause Bench Press Form & Visual
Barbell Pause Bench Press Benefits
- Increases upper body strength and muscle mass
- Improves stability and control during the bench press
- Helps to break through plateaus in bench press strength
- Develops explosive power and speed in the chest and triceps
- Improves shoulder stability and reduces risk of injury
- Increases time under tension, leading to greater muscle growth
- Improves mind-muscle connection and overall technique in the bench press
Barbell Pause Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids