Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Grasp the barbell with a close grip, with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and hold it above your chest with your arms fully extended.
- Slowly lower the barbell towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Pause for a moment when the barbell is just above your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position, fully extending your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- When finished, carefully rack the barbell back onto the rack.
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press Form & Visual
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the triceps, chest, and shoulders
- Improves upper body strength and power
- Increases muscle mass and definition in the arms and chest
- Can help improve bench press performance
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
- Pectoralis major (sternal head)
- Anterior deltoid
- Serratus anterior
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Close Grip Bench Press
- Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press
- Close Grip Push-ups
- Close Grip Floor Press
- Close Grip Incline Bench Press