Kettlebell Dead Clean
This exercise involves lifting a kettlebell from the ground to the chest in a clean motion, using the hips and legs to generate power. It primarily targets the muscles of the posterior chain, including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back.
Kettlebell Dead Clean Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the kettlebell on the ground in front of you.
- Bend down and grab the kettlebell with both hands, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Stand up, lifting the kettlebell off the ground and bringing it to your waist level.
- As you lift the kettlebell, keep your elbows close to your body and your shoulders down and back.
- Once the kettlebell is at your waist, quickly reverse the movement and lower it back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Kettlebell Dead Clean Form & Visual
Kettlebell Dead Clean Benefits
- Strengthens the entire posterior chain, including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
- Improves grip strength and forearm endurance
- Increases explosive power and athleticism
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Kettlebell Dead Clean Muscles Worked
- Lower back
Kettlebell Dead Clean Variations & Alternatives
- Kettlebell Dead Clean and Press
- Kettlebell Double Dead Clean
- Kettlebell Single Arm Dead Clean
- Kettlebell Clean and Jerk
- Kettlebell Clean and Squat