Barbell Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press
Barbell Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press Instructions
- Set up an incline bench at a 45-degree angle.
- Load the desired weight onto a barbell and secure it with collars.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet flat on the ground and your head at the top of the bench.
- Reach up and grasp the barbell with a reverse grip (palms facing towards you) with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Unrack the barbell and lower it towards your chest, keeping your elbows tucked in close to your body.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the movement, then press the barbell back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Rack the barbell and sit up to end the exercise.
Barbell Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press Form & Visual
Barbell Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press Benefits
- Increases explosive power and strength in the legs, hips, and upper body
- Improves coordination and balance
- Engages multiple muscle groups, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, back, shoulders, and arms
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Can be incorporated into a full-body workout routine
- May improve athletic performance in sports that require explosive movements, such as basketball or football
Barbell Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)
- Triceps brachii