Barbell Incline Bench Press
Barbell Incline Bench Press Instructions
- Set up the bench at a 45-degree angle.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet flat on the ground and your back pressed firmly against the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and hold it directly above your chest with your arms fully extended.
- Lower the barbell slowly and under control until it touches your chest.
- Push the barbell back up to the starting position, exhaling as you lift.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- When finished, carefully rack the barbell back on the rack.
Barbell Incline Bench Press Form & Visual
Barbell Incline Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the upper chest muscles, helping to create a more defined and aesthetically pleasing chest
- Engages the triceps and shoulders as secondary muscles, providing a full upper body workout
- Allows for heavier weights to be lifted compared to other chest exercises, leading to greater strength gains
- Improves overall pushing strength, which can translate to improved performance in other exercises and daily activities
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the angle of the bench to target different areas of the chest
Barbell Incline Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (upper fibers)
- Anterior deltoids
- Triceps brachii
- Clavicular head of the pectoralis major
- Serratus anterior