Barbell Decline Bench Press
Barbell Decline Bench Press Instructions
- Set up a decline bench at a 30-45 degree angle.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet secured under the foot pads.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and hold it above your chest with your arms fully extended.
- Inhale and lower the barbell towards your chest, keeping your elbows tucked in.
- Pause when the barbell is just above your chest.
- Exhale and push the barbell back up to the starting position, fully extending your arms.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
- When finished, carefully rack the barbell back on the rack.
Barbell Decline Bench Press Form & Visual
Barbell Decline Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the lower portion of the chest muscles
- Increases overall chest strength and size
- Engages the triceps and shoulders as secondary muscles
- Allows for heavier weight to be lifted compared to flat or incline bench press
- Improves pushing power and explosiveness
- Can help correct imbalances in the chest muscles
Barbell Decline Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (lower fibers)
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids
- Serratus anterior