Dumbbell Decline Bench Press
Dumbbell Decline Bench Press Instructions
- Set up a decline bench at a 30-45 degree angle.
- Choose a pair of dumbbells that you can comfortably lift for 8-12 reps.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet secured at the end of the bench.
- Hold the dumbbells with an overhand grip and extend your arms straight up above your chest.
- Inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells towards your chest, keeping your elbows at a 45-degree angle.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then exhale and push the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
- When finished, carefully place the dumbbells on the floor and sit up.
Dumbbell Decline Bench Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Decline Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the lower portion of the chest muscles
- Increases strength and muscle mass in the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves overall upper body pushing strength
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to a flat bench press
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight and angle of the bench
Dumbbell Decline Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (lower fibers)
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids