Smith Incline Bench Press
Smith Incline Bench Press Instructions
- Set up an incline bench at a 45-degree angle.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet flat on the ground.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Unrack the barbell and lower it towards your chest, keeping your elbows tucked in.
- Pause when the barbell is just above your chest, then press it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Smith Incline Bench Press Form & Visual
Smith Incline Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the upper chest muscles
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Provides stability and support for the lifter
- Can help improve overall bench press strength
- Can be adjusted to target different areas of the chest by changing the incline angle
Smith Incline Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (upper fibers)
- Anterior deltoids
- Triceps brachii