Dead Hang Stretch
Dead Hang Stretch Instructions
- Find a sturdy bar or ledge that you can hang from with your arms fully extended.
- Jump up and grab onto the bar with an overhand grip, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Allow your body to hang freely, with your feet off the ground.
- Relax your shoulders and engage your core muscles to maintain a straight body position.
- Hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds, breathing deeply and trying to relax into the stretch.
- Release the bar and rest for a few seconds before repeating the stretch for 2-3 sets.
Dead Hang Stretch Form & Visual
Dead Hang Stretch Benefits
- Improves shoulder mobility and flexibility
- Relieves tension and tightness in the upper back and neck
- Strengthens grip and forearms
- Can help prevent and alleviate shoulder and neck injuries
- Can improve posture and alignment
Dead Hang Stretch Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Dead Hang Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Active Hang Stretch
- Passive Hang Stretch
- One Arm Hang Stretch
- Weighted Hang Stretch
- Shoulder Extension Hang Stretch