This exercise involves standing with feet together and arms at the sides, then jumping up while spreading the legs and raising the arms above the head. The movement is then reversed to return to the starting position. It is a cardiovascular exercise that can be done as part of a warm-up or as a standalone workout.
Jumping Jack Instructions
- Stand with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Jump up and spread your feet out to the sides while raising your arms above your head.
- Jump back to the starting position with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the desired number of repetitions.
Jumping Jack Form & Visual
Jumping Jack Benefits
- Increases heart rate and improves cardiovascular health
- Works multiple muscle groups, including legs, arms, and core
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Jumping Jack Muscles Worked