Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension Instructions
- Start by lying on a decline bench with your feet secured at the end of the bench and your head at the top.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms extended straight up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your ears by bending your elbows, keeping your upper arms stationary.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, then slowly raise the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension Form & Visual
Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and definition in the back of the arms
- Engages the core muscles, providing a secondary workout for the abs and obliques
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional triceps exercises, such as triceps pushdowns or dips
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight of the dumbbells or the angle of the bench to increase or decrease the difficulty of the exercise
- Helps to improve overall upper body strength and stability, which can translate to improved performance in other exercises and daily activities
Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
- Cable Decline Triceps Extension
- Close-Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Triceps Pushdowns