Power Push Aways
Power Push Aways Instructions
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the ground, keeping your core engaged and your back straight.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position, but instead of fully extending your arms, push your upper body back and away from your hands.
- Lower yourself back down to the ground and repeat the push away motion for the desired number of reps.
- Make sure to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise and to breathe deeply.
Power Push Aways Form & Visual
Power Push Aways Benefits
- Strengthens chest, triceps, and shoulders
- Improves upper body pushing power
- Increases core stability and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Power Push Aways Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)
- Triceps muscles
Power Push Aways Variations & Alternatives
- Close-grip power push aways
- Single-arm power push aways
- Reverse-grip power push aways
- Decline power push aways
- Standing power push aways
- Weighted power push aways