Plyo Push Up
This exercise involves performing a push up while explosively pushing off the ground with enough force to lift your hands off the ground. It is a high-intensity plyometric exercise that targets the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles.
Plyo Push Up Instructions
- Start in a high plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body towards the ground by bending your elbows, keeping them close to your body.
- As you push back up, explosively push your hands off the ground so that your upper body lifts off the ground.
- Land softly back in the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
Plyo Push Up Form & Visual
Plyo Push Up Benefits
- Increases upper body strength
- Improves explosive power
- Engages core muscles for stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Helps to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health
Plyo Push Up Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals and obliques)
Plyo Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Plyo Push Up
- Decline Plyo Push Up
- Clap Plyo Push Up
- Spiderman Plyo Push Up
- Explosive Plyo Push Up