Drop Push Up
This exercise involves starting in a plank position and then dropping down to the ground while keeping the arms close to the body. From there, push back up to the plank position. It is a challenging variation of a push up that targets the chest, triceps, and core muscles.
Drop Push Up Instructions
- Start in a high plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your chest towards the ground by bending your elbows.
- As you lower your chest, simultaneously jump your feet towards your hands, landing in a squat position.
- From the squat position, jump back into the high plank position.
- Push up to return to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Drop Push Up Form & Visual
Drop Push Up Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including chest, shoulders, triceps, and core
- Increases upper body strength and endurance
- Improves overall fitness and cardiovascular health
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the height of the drop
- Engages stabilizer muscles for improved balance and coordination
Drop Push Up Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (deltoids)
- Core muscles (abdominals and lower back)
Drop Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Drop Push Up
- Decline Drop Push Up
- Spiderman Drop Push Up
- Plyometric Drop Push Up
- Close Grip Drop Push Up