Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground and your head at the end of the bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms extended straight up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your head by bending your elbows, keeping your upper arms stationary and close to your head.
- Stop when the dumbbells are just above your forehead, and then extend your arms back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Form & Visual
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and definition in the arms
- Can be done with a variety of weights, making it accessible for people of different fitness levels
- Helps to improve overall upper body strength and stability
- Can be done at home or in the gym with minimal equipment
- Can be modified to target different areas of the triceps muscle
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Close-grip dumbbell bench press
- Skull crushers
- Overhead dumbbell triceps extension
- Triceps kickbacks
- Triceps dips