Chest Dip Instructions
- Find a set of parallel bars that are sturdy and can support your weight.
- Stand between the bars and place your hands on each bar, gripping them tightly.
- Lift yourself up so that your arms are fully extended and your feet are off the ground.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows and leaning forward slightly.
- Continue lowering yourself until your chest is level with the bars.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position by straightening your arms.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Chest Dip Form & Visual
Chest Dip Benefits
- Targets the chest, triceps, and shoulders
- Helps to build upper body strength and muscle mass
- Improves overall upper body stability and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or at the gym
- Allows for variations in hand placement and body position to target different muscle groups
Chest Dip Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids
Chest Dip Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted Chest Dip
- Assisted Chest Dip
- Parallel Bar Dip
- Ring Dip
- Single Bar Dip