Ring Dips Instructions
- Find a set of parallel bars that are sturdy and can support your weight.
- Stand between the bars and place your hands on each bar, with your palms facing inward.
- Jump up and straighten your arms, so that your body is suspended between the bars.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Lower your body until your shoulders are below your elbows.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position by straightening your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Ring Dips Form & Visual
Ring Dips Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including chest, triceps, shoulders, and core
- Improves upper body strength and stability
- Increases range of motion in shoulders and elbows
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the height of the rings or using assistance bands
- Engages stabilizer muscles in the shoulders and core for improved overall strength and balance
Ring Dips Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoids
- Core muscles (rectus abdominis, obliques)
Ring Dips Variations & Alternatives
- Assisted Ring Dips
- Weighted Ring Dips
- Strict Ring Dips
- Kipping Ring Dips
- Ring Dip Negatives
- Ring Dip Holds
- Ring Muscle-Ups