This exercise involves using a weight or resistance machine to target and strengthen the triceps muscles located on the back of the upper arm. The movement involves extending the arms from a bent position to a straight position, focusing on contracting the triceps muscles.
Triceps Press Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your feet flat on the ground and your back straight.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise them above your head, keeping your arms straight.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells behind your head, bending your elbows and keeping your upper arms stationary.
- Pause for a moment, then raise the dumbbells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Triceps Press Form & Visual
Triceps Press Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen them
- Can be done with dumbbells, barbells, or a cable machine, allowing for variety in equipment and resistance
- Helps to improve overall upper body strength and stability
- Can be modified to target different areas of the triceps, such as the long head or lateral head
- Assists in improving pushing movements, such as push-ups and bench press
Triceps Press Muscles Worked
Triceps Press Variations & Alternatives
- Triceps Extension
- Triceps Kickback
- Close-Grip Bench Press
- Diamond Push-Up
- Overhead Triceps Extension