One Handed Hang
This exercise involves hanging from a bar or other sturdy object with one hand while keeping the body stable and engaged. It is a challenging exercise that requires grip strength, upper body and core stability, and overall body control.
One Handed Hang Instructions
- Find a sturdy pull-up bar or ledge that can support your body weight.
- Stand facing the bar and reach up with one hand to grab onto it.
- Engage your core and lift your feet off the ground, hanging from the bar with only one hand.
- Hold this position for as long as you can, aiming for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Lower yourself back down to the ground and switch hands, repeating the exercise on the other side.
- Repeat for several sets, gradually increasing the amount of time you can hold the one-handed hang.
One Handed Hang Form & Visual
One Handed Hang Benefits
- Improves grip strength
- Increases forearm and bicep strength
- Develops shoulder stability and mobility
- Enhances overall upper body strength
- Challenges core stability and balance
One Handed Hang Muscles Worked
- Forearm muscles
- Grip strength muscles
- Shoulder muscles
- Back muscles
One Handed Hang Variations & Alternatives
- One Handed Hang with Towel
- One Handed Hang with Weight
- One Handed Hang on a Sloping Edge
- One Handed Hang with Offset Grip
- One Handed Hang with Pinch Grip