Dumbbell Kickback Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight and your left hand resting on your left thigh.
- Bring your right elbow up to your side, keeping your upper arm parallel to the ground and your forearm perpendicular to the ground.
- Extend your right arm back behind you, straightening your elbow and squeezing your tricep muscle.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat with your left arm.
Dumbbell Kickback Form & Visual
Dumbbell Kickback Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen them
- Improves overall arm strength and definition
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Helps to improve posture and stability in the upper body
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight of the dumbbell or the angle of the arm
Dumbbell Kickback Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii