Band Triceps Kickback
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in one hand and bending forward at the waist, while keeping the upper arm close to the body. The arm is then extended backwards, straightening the elbow and contracting the triceps muscle. This movement is repeated for several repetitions before switching to the other arm. Using a resistance band instead of a dumbbell can also be an option for this exercise.
Band Triceps Kickback Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Bring your elbows up to shoulder height and keep them close to your sides.
- Extend your arms straight back, squeezing your triceps at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower the weights back down to starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Band Triceps Kickback Form & Visual
Band Triceps Kickback Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen them
- Improves overall arm strength and definition
- Can be done with minimal equipment, making it a convenient exercise to do at home or while traveling
- Helps to improve posture and stability by engaging the core muscles
- Can be modified to increase or decrease the level of difficulty, making it suitable for a wide range of fitness levels
Band Triceps Kickback Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Band Triceps Kickback Variations & Alternatives
- Single Arm Band Triceps Kickback
- Double Arm Band Triceps Kickback
- Seated Band Triceps Kickback
- Standing Band Triceps Kickback
- Reverse Grip Band Triceps Kickback
- Close Grip Band Triceps Kickback