Barbell Pullover to Press
This exercise involves lying on a bench and holding a barbell with both hands. The barbell is then lifted over the head and lowered behind the head, before being lifted back up and pressed upwards. This exercise primarily targets the chest, back, and triceps muscles.
Barbell Pullover to Press Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground and your head hanging off the edge of the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands, using an overhand grip, and hold it above your chest with your arms extended.
- Slowly lower the barbell behind your head, keeping your arms straight and your elbows locked.
- Once the barbell is behind your head, pause for a moment, then slowly raise it back up to the starting position above your chest.
- As you raise the barbell, bend your elbows slightly and bring it closer to your body until it is directly above your chest.
- Once the barbell is back in the starting position, pause for a moment, then repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Pullover to Press Form & Visual
Barbell Pullover to Press Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the chest, back, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves upper body strength and endurance
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the shoulders and chest
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and reps
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
Barbell Pullover to Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major
- Latissimus dorsi
- Triceps brachii