Cable Kickback Instructions
- Start by attaching an ankle cuff to a low pulley cable machine.
- Stand facing the machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Attach the ankle cuff to your right ankle and step back a few feet to create tension in the cable.
- Place your hands on your hips or hold onto a stable object for balance.
- Keeping your knee slightly bent, lift your right leg back and up, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your leg back down to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Switch sides and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Cable Kickback Form & Visual
Cable Kickback Benefits
- Targets the glutes (butt muscles)
- Helps to tone and shape the butt
- Improves hip stability and balance
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Allows for a full range of motion
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels
Cable Kickback Muscles Worked
- Gluteus maximus
- Biceps femoris
Cable Kickback Variations & Alternatives
- Standing cable kickback
- Seated cable kickback
- One-arm cable kickback
- Reverse cable kickback
- Low cable kickback