Dumbbell Seated Kickback
This exercise involves sitting on a bench with a dumbbell in one hand and extending the arm backwards to work the triceps muscle. The movement is controlled and slow, with a focus on squeezing the triceps at the top of the movement.
Dumbbell Seated Kickback Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your feet flat on the ground and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lean forward slightly and bring your upper arms close to your sides, with your forearms extended straight back and the dumbbells in your hands.
- Exhale and extend your arms back, squeezing your triceps at the top of the movement.
- Inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Seated Kickback Form & Visual
Dumbbell Seated Kickback Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to tone and strengthen the back of the arms
- Can be done with a relatively light weight, making it accessible for beginners
- Requires minimal equipment, only a set of dumbbells and a bench or chair
- Helps to improve overall arm definition and can contribute to a more balanced physique
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight or number of reps to increase or decrease the intensity
Dumbbell Seated Kickback Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Seated Kickback Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Standing Kickback
- Dumbbell Bent Over Kickback
- Cable Seated Kickback
- Cable Standing Kickback
- Cable Bent Over Kickback
- Resistance Band Seated Kickback
- Resistance Band Standing Kickback
- Resistance Band Bent Over Kickback