Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise Instructions
- Place a barbell on the floor and load it with an appropriate weight.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Step onto the barbell with the balls of your feet, keeping your heels off the ground.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands and lift it up to your waist level.
- Slowly raise your heels as high as possible, keeping your knees straight.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then lower your heels back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise Form & Visual
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise Benefits
- Targets the biceps muscles
- Improves grip strength
- Increases upper body strength
- Helps to build bigger and stronger biceps
- Can be performed with heavy weights for progressive overload
- Engages the forearms and shoulders as secondary muscles
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise Muscles Worked
Barbell Standing Leg Calf Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Barbell seated calf raise
- Dumbbell standing calf raise
- Smith machine standing calf raise
- Seated machine calf raise
- Donkey calf raise