Side Bridge Hip Abduction
Side Bridge Hip Abduction Instructions
- Start by lying on your side with your elbow directly under your shoulder and your legs straight out.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, creating a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Keeping your legs straight, lift your top leg up towards the ceiling, keeping your foot flexed.
- Lower your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch to the other side.
Side Bridge Hip Abduction Form & Visual
Side Bridge Hip Abduction Benefits
- Strengthens the muscles in the hips, glutes, and core
- Improves stability and balance
- Helps prevent injuries in the lower back, hips, and knees
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Side Bridge Hip Abduction Muscles Worked
- Gluteus medius
- Tensor fasciae latae
- Obturator externus
- Obturator internus
- Gemellus superior
- Gemellus inferior
Side Bridge Hip Abduction Variations & Alternatives
- Side Bridge with Leg Lift
- Side Bridge with Knee Tuck
- Side Bridge with Leg Extension
- Side Plank with Hip Abduction
- Side Plank with Leg Lift
- Side Plank with Knee Tuck