Side Plank Oblique Crunch
This exercise involves starting in a side plank position and then bringing your top elbow and knee together in a crunch motion, targeting the oblique muscles on the side of your body. It is a challenging core exercise that requires stability and control.
Side Plank Oblique Crunch Instructions
- Start in a side plank position with your elbow on the ground and your feet stacked on top of each other.
- Place your top hand behind your head with your elbow pointing towards the ceiling.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, creating a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Bring your top elbow and knee towards each other, crunching your obliques.
- Extend your arm and leg back out to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps on one side before switching to the other side.
Side Plank Oblique Crunch Form & Visual
Side Plank Oblique Crunch Benefits
- Strengthens oblique muscles
- Improves core stability
- Increases balance and coordination
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Targets multiple muscle groups at once
Side Plank Oblique Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Minimus
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
Side Plank Oblique Crunch Variations & Alternatives
- Side Plank Hip Dips
- Side Plank with Leg Lift
- Side Plank with Arm Reach
- Side Plank with Knee Tuck
- Side Plank with Twist