Barbell Overhead Lunge
The Barbell Overhead Lunge is a strength training exercise that involves holding a barbell overhead while performing lunges. This exercise targets the legs, glutes, and shoulders, and can help improve overall strength and stability. It is important to maintain proper form and start with a lighter weight before increasing the load.
Barbell Overhead Lunge Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a barbell with both hands, palms facing up.
- Lift the barbell overhead, keeping your arms straight and your core engaged.
- Take a large step forward with your right foot, bending your right knee and lowering your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Push off your right foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the lunge on the left side, stepping forward with your left foot.
- Continue alternating lunges for the desired number of repetitions.
- Lower the barbell back down to your shoulders and then to the ground to finish the exercise.
Barbell Overhead Lunge Form & Visual
Barbell Overhead Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the legs, glutes, and core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases shoulder and upper back mobility
- Engages multiple muscle groups for a full-body workout
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Overhead Lunge Muscles Worked