Barbell Front Rack Lunge
Barbell Front Rack Lunge Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your core engaged.
- Hold the barbell in front of your body at shoulder height, with your palms facing up and your elbows pointing forward.
- Step forward with one foot, keeping your torso upright and your front knee directly above your ankle.
- Lower your back knee towards the ground, keeping your front heel planted and your weight in your front foot.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the lunge, then push through your front foot to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the lunge on the other side, stepping forward with your opposite foot.
- Continue alternating lunges for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Barbell Front Rack Lunge Form & Visual
Barbell Front Rack Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hip flexors and ankles
- Can be modified to target specific muscle groups or address imbalances
- Engages multiple muscle groups at once, making it a time-efficient exercise
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
Barbell Front Rack Lunge Muscles Worked