The exercise involves performing a jumping jack followed by a squat jump. Start with a regular jumping jack, then immediately transition into a squat jump by lowering into a squat position and exploding upwards into a jump. Repeat the sequence for the desired number of repetitions.
Jack Jump Instructions
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and jump up, bringing your knees towards your chest.
- While in the air, cross your right leg over your left leg and uncross them before landing.
- As soon as you land, immediately jump again and cross your left leg over your right leg and uncross them before landing.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the desired number of repetitions.
Jack Jump Form & Visual
Jack Jump Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis muscle, also known as the “six-pack”
- Engages the obliques and hip flexors for a full core workout
- Improves overall core strength and stability
- Can help improve posture and reduce lower back pain
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Jack Jump Muscles Worked
- Lower back muscles