This exercise involves holding a weight in front of your chest while performing a squat. The weight is held with both hands, similar to how Frankenstein's monster is often depicted. It targets the legs, glutes, and core muscles.
Frankenstein Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell with both hands in front of your chest.
- Squat down as low as you can while keeping your heels on the ground and your back straight.
- As you come up from the squat, press the weight overhead until your arms are fully extended.
- Lower the weight back to your chest as you squat down again.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Frankenstein Squat Form & Visual
Frankenstein Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves lower body strength and power
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Engages core muscles for added stability and balance
Frankenstein Squat Muscles Worked
Frankenstein Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Front squat
- Back squat
- Overhead squat
- Zercher squat
- Goblet squat
- Bulgarian split squat
- Box squat
- Sumo squat
- Narrow stance squat
- Paused squat
- High bar squat
- Low bar squat
- Single leg squat
- Jump squat
- Pistol squat