Semi Squat Jump
This exercise involves starting in a semi-squat position and then explosively jumping up as high as possible before landing back in the semi-squat position. It is a plyometric exercise that targets the lower body muscles and can improve power and explosiveness.
Semi Squat Jump Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees and lower your body into a semi-squat position.
- Quickly jump up as high as you can, extending your arms above your head.
- Land softly back in the semi-squat position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Semi Squat Jump Form & Visual
Semi Squat Jump Benefits
- Strengthens the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back muscles
- Improves core stability and balance
- Increases flexibility in the hips and spine
- Relieves tension in the neck and shoulders
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
Semi Squat Jump Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles
- Core muscles
Semi Squat Jump Variations & Alternatives
- Full squat jump
- Single-leg squat jump
- Box jump
- Tuck jump
- Split squat jump