Cable Romanian Deadlift
This exercise is called the cable Romanian deadlift. It involves using a cable machine to perform a deadlift movement, targeting the hamstrings and glutes. The exercise is performed by standing with the cable attachment in front of you, hinging at the hips, and pulling the cable towards your body while keeping your back straight.
Cable Romanian Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and place a cable attachment at the lowest setting on a cable machine.
- Grab the cable attachment with both hands and step back until there is tension on the cable.
- Keeping your back straight and your core engaged, hinge at the hips and lower the cable attachment towards the ground.
- Lower the cable attachment as far as you can while maintaining proper form and feeling a stretch in your hamstrings.
- Slowly raise the cable attachment back up to the starting position, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the movement.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Romanian Deadlift Form & Visual
Cable Romanian Deadlift Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including back, shoulders, and arms
- Improves upper body strength and endurance
- Increases muscle definition and tone
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Cable Romanian Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Core muscles